UTHHAN, which means to uplift is an initiative of Golden Era Royal Group started in April 2012 to uplift the financially weaker segment of skilled artisans across India. It is a joint project between different “Artisans Community Organizations” and “GERG (Golden Era Royal Group)”. Uthhan’s long-term goal is to set up physical outlets for selling Artisans products without any hassles. Making benefits for artisan families by creating homes, providing education, giving insurance and other benefitting policies. Uthhan is the first initiative in India where profit from the sales directly goes to the respected skilled workers. This project eliminates the role of the middle man and other illegal financial exploitation.
Uthhan not only focuses on the quality of the product but also on the presentation and therefore the products from the skilled workers are displayed in various retail outlets, exclusively allotted under the banner of the project with the help of government bodies. This effort will unify all type of skilled workers across India which will lead a new ray of hope for the community to fight for their rightful cause without fear.
The different Indian Artisans art forms are –
- Wood Carving
- Marble Carving
- Pot Making
- Stone Carving
- Bead work
A manufacturer, vendor, or supplier, can simply sell their products online on Uthhan. As an Uthhan seller, they can showcase the products and make them sell. Selling on Uthhan is an easy process. All you need is to Register, list your products and start selling.
How Sales process of Uthhan Works?
- Identifying the artisan family.
- Enrolment by filling up Uthhan form.
- ID and address proof documents of the family.
- Generation of AID (Artisan Identification number, a unique code generated by the system).
- Products uploading by Artisans and banking procedure.
- Get orders from customers.
- Packing and delivery from an Artisan locality to the customer.
- Artisan’s share of profit directly sends to Uthhan account (bank account created by Uthhan).
The main reason for the degradation of the artisan community was the uneven distribution of profit by middlemen and distributors to the makers. Uthhan is the first initiative in India, where profit from sales goes to the artisan, who creates the marvel. Uthhan will eliminate the role of middlemen and distributors and the products directly reaches the end-users from artisans without any hassles through our platform.
Till now Uthhan has enrolled more than 10,000 artisans families, it has issued an Artisans Identification Card (AID) to the families under the scheme. Uthhan mobile application is launched in multiple languages (English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam & Telugu). It is already giving revenue to more than 5,000 plus artisans families. Uthhan is currently feeding 5,000+ artisan families by moulding self-sufficient artisan groups. Uthhan also has a toll free number for helping the underprivileged artisan families to contact us and share their ideas directly without any middlemen.
Future projections of Uthhan :-
- Setting up industrial sheds for bulk manufacturing
- UTHHAN outlets across major cities in India
- 50,000 families under the project
- Educational scholarships, Life insurance and housing for at least 5,000 families
- Setting up colleges for artisans with skill related courses
- Job for at least 5,000 graduated Artisan youths under the scheme.
Tech for Good
As we see that there is a demanding in technology and we want to keep sustain our initiative, we developed an Android app for Artisans to showcase & sell their products. Artisans can scale up their business within the mobile application itself. Uthhan android mobile application available in Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uthhan.com.navigationnew
For More about Uthhan Initiative, visit Website: http://uthhan.org